Lindale Methodist Church Foundation and Plaques

There were a number of stones set in the walls of the church hall commemorating its construction in 1948. One simply shows the name 'Lindale Methodist Church' and the date '1948'.

Stone showing name of Lindale Methodist Church and date 1948

Another stone was laid on behalf of all 'Members of the Church'.

Stone inscribed 'Members of the Church'

Other stones bear names: Irene W Fairfoot, Margaret Taylor, Nan Riley, Mrs J Potts, Margaret Burton and Mr W Singleton.

Stone showing the name Irene W Fairfoot
Stone showing the name Margaret Taylor
Stone showing the name Nan Riley
Stone showing the name Mrs J Potts
Stone showing the name Margaret Burton
Stone showing the name Mr W Singleton

Inside the Church, there were foundation stones and plaques dating from its opening in 1967. The first was inscribed 'This stone was laid on 3rd June 1967 on behalf of the whole congregation to the glory of God

Grey stone with gold lettered inscription laid on behalf of the congregation commemorating the 1967 building of Lindale Methodist Church

A similar foundation stone was inscribed 'This stone was laid on 3rd June 1967 on behalf of old members and friends to the glory of God

Grey stone with gold lettered inscription laid on behalf of old members and friends commemorating the 1967 building of Lindale Methodist Church

Perspex plaques also dating from 1967 recognise the help received in establishing the Church. The first is inscribed 'To the glory of God and in memory of Joseph Rank whose benevolent trusts have helped to make this building possible'. The second is inscribed 'To the glory of God and in appreciation of the help given by Grasmere Road Methodist Church'.

Brown perspex plaque with white lettered inscription to Joseph Rank commemorating the 1967 building of Lindale Methodist Church
Grey stone with gold lettered inscription laid on behalf of old members and friends commemorating the 1967 building of Lindale Methodist Church
Back to index page